Monday, August 23, 2010

Blessed Assurance! Jesus is Mine!!

Hey Ladies!
I hope that the first Monday of your freshman year was amazing!
So last night we talked about Assurance of Salvation! That we can know that we are saved, not by our actions but by the actions of Jesus Christ!

But first a side note from last night's talk: The Jews were circumcised as babies. It represents the covenant that the Israelites made with God to be pure and set apart! So when the Bible refers to someone as uncircumcised, they are out of relationship or covenant with God. Basically, you want to be considered "circumcised" spiritually speaking.

Your assurance is the comprehension or deep understanding of the facts and provisions of salvation through faith in Jesus! This week we are talking about the foundational truths from the Bible about our assurance.

Start by reading Romans 8:32 Even if you were there last night, reread these scriptures and ask God to reveal His truth to you even more!

Foundations of Assurance
The Word of God
1. The Word promises Eternal Life
John 3:36 and 1John 5:11-13
2.Forgiveness of ALL Sin
Acts 10:43 and Colossians 2:13
3. Freedom from Condemnation
John 5:24 and Romans 8:1

If there are words that you don't understand, please ask through the comments.
Share through the comments what these scriptures say to you about your salvation.
How do these truths affect how you live your life?

"Many wise pastors have insisted that the basis for knowing that I am a Christion is not what I do but what God's word says about what Christ has done and contiues to do for those who have believed (John 1:12 and 1 John 5:13). I know I belong to Christ because I have believed in Jesus Christ as my ONLY SAVIOR and REDEEMER from eternal destruction. It's not the evidences of my life that are my basis for knowing that, It's the Word of God! That settles it!"

It's not a matter of clinging to an experience (camp, altar call, great sermon, etc...)but by the sure witness of the WORD OF GOD!!!

No comments: